|Many across the years have been grateful for the generosity and foresight of William Coward who made possible this support to ministers and lay people.
Training the Whole People of God for Ministry. Priority is given
- for grants towards the cost of approved courses for ministers (normally of up to three years’ duration for Bachelors or Masters level, or up to five years for Doctoral level’);
- for more expensive sabbaticals;
- towards the cost of URC Synod Spring and Summer Schools and towards the Congregational Federation Leadership Conference
- towards the cost of attending approved training courses (other than TLS) for lay ministries of all kinds.
Over the past few years, many grants, large and small, have been awarded. Examples of the awards that have been given recently are illustrated below:
- up to £1000 p.a. towards the cost of courses, e.g. D Min., M Theol., worship leader training and lay training.
- up to £1,500 towards the cost of a sabbatical
Click on the list below to download an application form. Please be sure to follow the instructions on the form carefully and to have the form endorsed by the appropriate person. Applications will be considered only if they relate to expenditure which falls within the criteria set out above.
The trustees normally meet twice a year to consider applications; usually in January and July. It is important to apply in good time, as retrospective grants cannot be made.
Please click on the relevant form to make an application. Fill in the form electronically, print it so that signatures can be added, then scan and send to
Personal application form (course) – for those making an application for a course
Personal application form (sabbatical) – for those making an application for a sabbatical
Continuing application form (continuing) – for those who seek further funding for a longer course